So, you have taken the first step and you have made the decision to come on a study abroad programme.
Now you need to think about things you might need to know before you come over to the UK. Rest assured, Anglo Educational Services has a dedicated support services team who are there to orientate you to London, to provide any information that you might need before, during or indeed after, your program. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us in regards to your time London with us – we’re here to help! drop us an email
You are at an advantage when you study abroad with Anglo Educational Services (AES), as one of our departments deal with Educational Tours around London, UK and Europe. This enables us to keep up-to-date with the latest deals & events which we share with our students – You can keep an eye on our latest updates on deals and trips on our AES Student Facebook page and twitter!
Oscar Wilde once said ‘that when a man is bored of London he is bored of life’. London is an amazing city to live in, and as you know, all the AES staff are here to help you get through the transitional stages, but you might want to read the following information to help you adjust a little. It will also answer some of the questions that you might have about what to bring, and what to leave behind!
Checklist for before you depart
- Visa (if applicable)
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Acceptance letter (CAS letter) or Cerfiticate of Sponsorship letter (COS letter)
- A recent bank statement
- Flights booked and information printed
- Insurance – You will have to pay for all medical expenses in the UK and will need to arrange your own
- Money – Enough pounds to cover you for at least a few days and a bank card which you can use in the UK
- Travel adapter plug
- International Student ID card (ISIC card)
- Prescription medication with documentation
- For address and map for where you are staying and how you are getting there (please let us know if you require a transfer from the airport to your housing)
- Contact information for Anglo
Before you depart why not visit the USA study abroad gov website on why you should study abroad for more information?
Make sure you check out our ‘Before you depart’ section for some helpful tips before you travel!
Get in touch via email, telephone for any questions or queries - we're here to help!get in touch